Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Lovely Night.

The day itself might not have been as savory, but it proved to be a bit more spirit-lifting as the evening wore on.

As the evening wore on... that's a nice expression. And with your permisson, I think I'll say it again.

The evening wore on.

I sucked it up on stage this morning. I mean, seriously. A fourth grader spelled penultimate and I misspelled plennery. How u-n-f-o-r-t-u-n-a-t-e.

In English, I finished The Outsiders for the tenth time. The rest of the class listened to Cherry and Pony talk about sunsets.

I danced with a typical teenage boy. He apologized for his sweaty hands at every break we took.

The day was blatant and tiring. When I got home, I took an unsuccessful nap and laid around in my room, thinking about how much Soda really deserved better than Sandy, and how I had work to do, and how nice the dark skylight looked against the walls, which I soon won't wake up to anymore.

My brother was kind of upset that he wasn't home enough, so I decided to make dinner with him.

What it ended up to be was INCREDIBLE.

It was beef, mixed with fried onions and bell peppers, tossed with Italian farfalle and homemade, completely un-recipe'd, spur-of-the-moment alfredo sauce.

I was in awe of how awesome it was. You might want to try spontaneity some time-- it can actually be productive.

By the way, if you really want to try that alfredo sauce, I used about an inch-square of butter-- just eyeball it, a pretty nice amount of pamesean cheese [Parmesean-Romano Shakey Bottle Kind That You Put On Quick Pasta is great. Make sure there's lots of it.] , cream cheese [make it fit about the amount of sauce that you're making], milk [again, decent amount], garlic powder [Italian Bread Seasoning is also excellent], and however much salt and pepper will content your heart.

Tasty.

So, anyways, now I'm sitting here watching the Colbert Report... enjoying this masterpiece.

Twitter, MySpace, Faecbook... work in general-- it all can wait.



[Oh, very very belated Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Hope it's golden.]

No comments: